INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY
WHO WE ARE.
We are a multi-award-winning Integrated Marketing Agency where Connection, Engagement and Experience, along with meaningful Insights, bring your brand to life.
Isilumko, a proud BBBEE Level 1 Black Woman Owned company with a 26-year heritage, was established in 1995 and is one of the most recognised marketing agencies in the country.
Our National presence with wholly owned offices in 5 major cities, allows our team to be hands-on, agile and locally focused to provide solid project management, ongoing optimization and executional excellence.
We are a dynamic, high energy, passionate and experienced team where focus is placed on building and maintaining solid long-standing client partnerships, with a strong emphasis on ROI, Consumer Insights, and driving impactful and creative conceptual solutions. We connect the Brand with the Consumer and ensure successful go-to-market campaign results.
Isilumko Activate was born from StudentWise. A brand which to many of South Africa’s most successful business leaders is synonymous with extra cash in their pockets – and good times – while they were students. We proudly continue the legacy of providing our future corporate giants with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience, learn how to operate in a team, distinguish themselves as leaders and interact with top brands – all while building their bank balances.
WHAT WE DO.
Our cross-category expertise filters across multiple channels and diverse initiatives, focusing on various genres within the Marketing sphere with a 360° integrated holistic approach. From meaningful insights, we design break-through and relevant concepts. Our ability to maintain an excellent understanding of our client’s business, KPIs and campaign objectives enable us to add value and deliver successfully.
Our portfolio of services includes:
Relevant Insights. Breakthrough Concepts. Delivered Impeccably. Isilumko Activate positions your brand in the right place at the right time. We believe in Strategic Partnerships and working together for the successful implementation and optimisation of each project while providing positive and meaningful contributions to all stakeholders.
MEET THE LEADERSHIP TEAM.
Isilumko Activate is a promotional company founded in 1995 to help South African brands find their voice. With multiple awards and widespread industry recognition, we’ve done just that. Our experienced team of brand promoters know how to promote your brand, so you get noticed.
We understand it’s a fierce and competitive marketplace; we know you need to get heard. That’s what we specialise in – bespoke brand promotions with passion, impact, and results. We’re dedicated to surpassing our clients’ expectations every single time.
We operate in five major cities throughout South Africa, creating creative conceptual solutions and delivering incredible results – we’re all about ROI. If you’re looking for a promotional company that understands your brand, we’re here for you.
Promotional companies focus exclusively on raising your brand’s profile. Unlike other marketing agencies that may focus on advertising, promotional companies understand the only way to tempt your customer is with an event to remember. It could be a brand activation, an in-store launch, or an experiential marketing event designed to get your customers talking.
It’s easy to get confused. Promotional companies are a part of marketing. They’re one of the 4Ps – product, price, place, and promotion. They understand that you can get everything else right, but unless your customers know about your product, it doesn’t matter.
With the South African consumer market more competitive than ever, you need a results-driven service to promote your brand. You need to create a memorable brand image – and there’s no better way than with a promotional event that WOWs.
Promotions companies work throughout South Africa developing promotional events. These can include:
- Organising brand activations
- Researching customer views through field marketing
- Running experiential marketing events
- Inventing trade show solutions
- Design, print, and production of promotional material
- Developing media strategies
- Managing events, expos, roadshows, and conferences
Promotional companies operate in supermarkets, conference halls, corporate meetings, or on the street. They’ve got the expertise to understand your product/service, study the industry, and develop a promotional campaign to boost your business. The result is more awareness, more customers, and more sales.
Why do brands advertise? Why do they do marketing at all? Because it’s not sufficient to merely have a fantastic product. You need to tell your customers about it. All the best companies understand this – even Coca Cola continues to do promotions, despite dominating the soft drinks market. No brand can rely on prior success.
When a brand launches a new product, they’ve spent months (even years) perfecting their design or recipe. The same is true of their services. So much thought has gone into every aspect; after all, no product idea begins ready for the shop shelf.
No customer understands this. That’s the job of a promotional company – to explain why a customer should buy the product/service. It does this through in-person events. They’re bespoke, personal, intimate. They’re a chance for a trained promotions team to generate a buzz – that will carry through into the online world.
Neither do brands have the time or expertise to create such a comprehensive promotional strategy. Often, they need to meet tight deadlines. That’s why even the best companies turn to a promotions company like Isilumko Activate. We have the resources and experience to run successful marketing campaigns, transforming your brand image.
Promotional marketing comes in all shapes and sizes. It can range from small-scale field marketing to large corporate events launching a new product. It doesn’t even need to be in-person. Promotional marketing for a digital service, for instance, may require a digital marketing strategy – a temporary free subscription, perhaps.
There are broadly seven major types of promotions:
- Advertising. Everyone is familiar with traditional adverts on the radio, TV, or in print. Contemporary advertising has morphed, however. Social media, for example, is all about going viral and generating hype. And nothing does that better than in-person events.
- Direct selling. Cut out the middleman with direct selling. Once done via mail or phone, newer techniques rely on group-based sales meetings or email marketing campaigns to promote a product or brand launch.
- Sales promotion. It involves the use of media and non-media communications to create a buzz during a specific period. It could be for a product launch or to boost sales. Examples include content or raffles, seasonal price discounts, or discounted subscription fees.
- Public relations. You don’t need to abandon traditional promotional methods. Through trade shows or guest writing in a newspaper, you can promote your authority in the industry – and, by extension, generate interest in your product/service. Plus, it doesn’t feel like a hard sell to customers.
- Product placement. Do you ever notice a product in a TV show or movie? That’s product placement. It’s like advertising, just a little more passive. It aims to create a discreet appearance of a product to increase sales. Think of James Bond’s cars and watches or a food product in your favourite sitcom.
- Endorsement and sponsorship. Nothing brings attention faster than celebrities. Using an established brand (be it a company or celebrity), you can boost your profile, create high-interest events, and raise brand awareness. It can be as simple as a written endorsement or a team-up with another brand.
- Guerrilla marketing. As the name suggests, this isn’t your typical mainstream promotional campaign. Instead, it relies on contacting the public directly. How? By building a grassroots momentum for your product. In the age of social media, guerrilla marketing campaigns can use outdoor events and sales promotions to get customers talking about your product. The ultimate aim is a viral moment.
Hiring one of the prominent marketing companies in South Africa is no longer optional; it's essential. With ever more competition in the market, your brand needs to stand out. You need a top creative agency to consider your brand positioning; developing a business strategy to attract prospective clients.
Here at Isilumko Activate, we create digital marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and engagement in real-world and digital spaces. From social media marketing to brand promotions, the marketing companies in South Africa work to boost your profits and sales. As customers become more discerning with where they spend their money, you need a marketing agency that can build a loyal customer base.
We'd be lying if we didn't say we were one of the best marketing companies in South Africa. We're more than a marketing company: we're a creative agency, a digital agency, and an experiential marketing company all rolled into one.
We'll design and develop innovative events and campaigns targeting your core audience with our digital marketing services. We'll get customers across South Africa talking about your brand. Indeed, we're one of the few brands working across the length and breadth of South Africa. Using creative thinking and passion, we can promote your brand like never before. We're not just another ad agency. We're the successful solution to your brand activation woes.
The result is more sales, more revenue, more profit.
The 'Big Four' ad agencies refer to WPP, Omnicom, Publicis Groupe, and Interpublic Group of Companies. These monolithic marketing companies are the world's biggest. But there's a downside – with so many clients, they struggle to get passionate about your product.
We're different. We're one of the most passionate and dedicated marketing companies in South Africa. We've got extensive experience in brand activations, public relations,
We deal with everything from small businesses to multinational brands – winning multiple awards and industry-wide recognition. As the 'Big Four' ad agencies see significant stock drops, we're still succeeding. Why? Because we deliver results for our clients again and again.
and lead generation campaigns. Unlike other advertising agencies, our solutions are new and innovative, harnessing our years of frontline expertise.
Hundreds, if not thousands, of marketing companies in South Africa are working to shape the advertising landscape. Increasingly, such firms are embracing digital marketing solutions as South Africa leads the internet surge across the continent.
Most of the companies will be small, managing a handful of clients. However, you need one of the marketing companies in South Africa with the resources of a bigger company and the care and attention of a local firm. That's where Isilumko Activate comes in.
We're a boutique digital agency that works closely with our clients. We harness relevant insights, breakthrough concepts, and more to deliver experiential marketing, brand activations, and creative solutions to the modern problems of marketing.